Enterprise backup virtualization solutions
Storage Director is a software defined, policy-based and tiered enterprise backup virtualization solution that enables data from any host, OS or backup application, to be backed up to any storage device, medium or technology, including IBM’s Cloud Object Storage (Cleversafe) platform, or any S3 compatible cloud. Storage Director is a fully virtualized target for any backup application such as Spectrum Protect, NetBackup, Commvault, Veeam, etc. and enables policy-based data pools to be created and backed up to multiple targets and replicated for remote storage and DR. Storage Director is unique in being able to present a single backup target or solution for backing up all open environments, such as Linux, Windows, VMWare, UNIX, etc. as well as all proprietary host platforms, such as IBM Mainframe (z/OS), iSeries, HPE NonStop, HP Open VMS etc. on a single node.
Storage Director has an optimized backend S3 interface to allow customers to stream their data post backup process to IBM’s Cloud Object Storage (Cleversafe) enterprise backup and archive platform or any S3 public cloud target. Storage Director can backup and restore data to any S3 cloud target using large block sizes as well as a function called DRestore™ which restores large amounts of data in disaster recovery situations.
Storage Director is a patented, software defined, high performance storage solution that virtualizes and consolidates data backup through a scalable, policy-based and tiered architecture.
- Provides fully automated backup, restore and DR operations
- Intelligently scales storage locally and into the cloud (Amazon S3, Glacier or any object storage cloud)
- Provides a customized high performance front-end to IBM Cloud Object Storage (Cleversafe)
- Incorporates AES 256 bit encryption and enhanced security
- Incorporates built-in data reduction, WAN optimization and latency reduction
- Meets or exceeds data backup requirements for speed, capacity, compatibility and reliability
- Scales seamlessly by adding nodes to meet performance requirements and add cache for multiple petabytes of storage
- Enables alternate site disaster recovery schemes
- User-defined policies allow flexible tape, disk, flash, cloud and data migration strategies
- Supports heterogeneous, multi-platform environments on a single Storage Director system
- Customized configurations for higher availability and specific customer needs
- Supports tape library distribution and consolidation
Read more about our product with our white papers, presentations and more.